Monday, March 30, 2009

CQ Memories


This past Saturday, The Country Quilter closed. I have been a part of the store from the very beginning, the summer of 1990. The shop and the wonderful women who have worked there have enriched my life in so many ways - allowing me to become a teacher, helping me to open my own pattern company, Design and Planning Concepts, and more recently, providing the atmosphere where I am transitioning from more traditional quilting to making art quilts. Claire Oehler and Jane Davila have been both friends and inspirational quilters. I thanked Claire with this "art" piece, constructed on an empty fabric bolt and covered with memories from the last 18 years.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Oh Nancy... how sweet and glad to see you are BLOGGING!

Time now to add a design class to your list of class offerings, or maybe a quilt art class on things like perspective... hint, hint :-)